Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week Five

Nick, Michael, and I
 I have finished carving the fox and the foliage and the last two panels are almost done. We are now adding the final touches on the pieces before they are crated and shipped to New York.
Awkward Angles

Putting the pieces together.

I had the pleasure of seeing a familiar face this weekend. My dad had driven from Chicago to pay me a  visit. He camped out with me in the topper and was able to see what my life was like in Ohio. (P.s. Thanks Mom for the care package, I ate the entire pan of bars this week)
\
Trixie, Dad, and Me

With the Bowery Bank job nearing completion, Nick has set me to work on the next project in the queue. Nick has been commissioned to carve two massive sandstone lions for the Dollar Bank in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Michael and Nick have already worked quite a bit on the Lions themselves, but I will be put to work carving the molding and the foliage for the bases that the lions are set on.  The first step in this process that I am involved in is making templates.

Sandstone Lion, Our next job.



Nick showing me how to us a beam compass.

Nick's Library in his drafting room.

Nick drawing molding for the template


No comments:

Post a Comment